How do I preserve options after LO is closed?

We all know that you can change the autosave time by going to tools → options → load/save. However, whenever I close Calc and then reopen it, the autosave time has reverted back to the default. It’s both time-consuming & annoying to keep having to reset it every time I open the program. Does anyone know how to make the options permanent? I’m using Calc in LO 6.2.8.2 on Windows 10 Pro. TIA.

… can change the autosave time

Just to be absolutely clear and precise: This doesn’t perform an autosave of your document. This saves AutoRecovery information (intentionally differentiated from Save or Backup) , which is only usable in case of LibreOffice crashing. It does not store your document every minutes given and AutoRecovery information gets deleted on normal quit of LibreOffice.

For AutoSave/AutoBackup you need to care yourself (e.g. by implementing a time based backup macro or some such).

Yes thanks, I called it autosave because I think that’s what most people think of it as, but it is autorecovery.

Hello,

most important: see my comment above, to avoid a misunderstanding.

The setting should be permanent and if it is not you might have a corrupted user profile so the settings can’t be stored in your user profile. Therefore try to reset you user profile:

To reset the user profile perform:

• Start LibreOffice
  • Start in Safe Mode using Help -> Restart in Safe Mode and confirm the restart using button: Restart
  • Archive your profile expanding Advanced (click on the word Advanced right above Help button) and click Archive User Profile button
  • Select option Reset to factory settings
  • Activate [x] Reset entire user profile
  • Click button Apply Changes and Restart

Hope that helps.

When I click the “archive user profile” button, I don’t get an option to “reset to factory settings”. I get a dialogue box saying “Profile exported: Your user profile has been exported as ‘libreoffice-profile.zip’”. It gives me two options: “Close” and “Open containing folder”. (I took a screenshot but don’t know how to attach the image here.) Neither of those choices leads to any option to reset to factory settings.

When I click the “archive user profile” button

This is just a intermediate and optional step, to assure there is a backup copy of you current user profile. The rest is in the previous dialog

Oh yeah, I should have realized that, I just wasn’t paying attention. This worked, thanks!