how do I print all the columns on one page

I am new to LibreOffice. I have been using Open Office and Excel. I created 2 columns and when I print it comes out on 6 pages. How can I get the columns I want printed on one page? Thanks.

biggolfer

Are you thinking f something like “folding the columns”?

See answer to question/293315/.

Add Answer is reserved for solutions. Please, click edit below your question to add more information.

The quickest way is to copy the cells, paste into Writer and click Format > Page Style > Columns and select 2, 3 or 4 columns as needed or will fit.

If you do it regularly then create a Calc template with a second sheet with something like =$Sheet1.A1 in cell A1 and down to A45 (or whatever fits). In cell B1 enter =$Sheet1.B1drag to row 45. make column c narrow. In cell D1 enter =$Sheet1.A1 for the heading. In D2 enter =$Sheet1.A46 , in D1 enter =$Sheet1.B1E2 enter =$Sheet1.B46, drag D2 & E2 down to row 45, etc.

Somebody will have a better idea, but this will work so long as the number of rows is similar and the number of columns remain the same

It worked! I copied the Calc columns and inserted them into a text document. However, here’s my question…in using Excel I can fill up all the columns within the established margins margins and all the columns will be printed out on one page. Why can’t I do this with Calc? I see the vertical margin lines next to each column. Not being able to print out all the columns on one page with Calc is a pain. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Would changing the margins help? I sincerely appreciate your input.

Gerry

@biggolfer, Did you see the link in the second comment?

Hey Lupp…no I didn’t notice it. I opened it and followed your instructions. Thank you very much!!1