How do I purge Add Space?

Hi All,

LibreOffice-7.4.4-Linux_x86-64_rpm.tar.gz

I despise the default of “Add space between paragraphs of of the same style”. I have saved the default template with the option disabled in Paragraphs. No joy. I have to constantly turn the buzzard off when I am typing, especially in new lines.

1. How do I purge the option EVERYWHERE including new lines in old documents?

2. How do I set the option to NEVER occur in new documents?

Many thanks,
-T

Please upload the adjusted template here. We will examine it.

I suppose it, you need modify the styles of the old documents one-by-one. There is not active (“online”) connection between the styles of the modified Default template and the documents what was created based on the older or newer Default template.

I had presumed I had to do it one by one

What is its path?

Firstly please upload sample documents here.

Are you practising direct formatting or consistent strict styling?
Also, if your documents are based on a user template, do you create them with a double-click on the template icon? In which case, the document does not keep any link with the template. To keep the link (so that an update of the template propagates to the document), your template must be registered with Writer. This is done with File>Templates>Manage Templates.

You can tell if a document has a link with a template with File>Properties.

1 Like

Default template has the buzzard turned off

Where is the default template?

What do you call “buzzard”? For me, a buzzard is a bird of prey. If this is a slang word, remember that the vast majority of contributors on this site is not English speaking native and consequently colloquial forms are not understood.

A “Buzzard” is actually not a “bird of prey”. It is a “carrion eater”. It waits for things to die. It does not hunt. “Buzzard” also has another dictionary meaning (it is not slang): “a contemptible or rapacious person”.

But, point taken, terms with other meaning should be avoided. (I used “guard dog” once on a similar site and the misunderstandings were something to behold.)

Thank you.