How do I repair my corrupted file?

My Calc file gives me this error message when I try to open it:
“Read-Error.
Format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,125265(row,col)”

This is the document: HS stats - Copy.ods

I’ve watched this thread:

A user gives these instructions:

"1 - Select the .ods file, and extract the contents using 7zip

2 - Edit content.xml with Notepad++

3 - Move cursor to the location that the error message complains about.

4 - remove the duplicate attribute, in my case, fo:font-style=“italic”. Save & Close file

5 - create a new zip archive with the contents of the extracted files. Archive should not contain *.bak file created by notepad++, and no root folders.

6 - Rename *.zip to *.ods"

Can someone help me through step 3-5?

I don’t know how to find “2,125265(row,col)” in the long string in Notepad++

I don’t know what errors I should look for.

I don’t know how to create a zip archive with 7zip

Could you upload your document or does it contain confidential information (PI, SPI)?

Here it is

Hello,

please check the file whether it is complete:

HS-Stats-Recovered.ods

PS: The error fixed was:

<table:table-cell table:style-name="ce14" office:value-type="string" calcext:value-type="string" table:number-columns-spanned9"2" table:number-rows-spanned="1">

which should read ("...-spanned9" replaced by “...-spanned=”)

<table:table-cell table:style-name="ce14" office:value-type="string" calcext:value-type="string" table:number-columns-spanned="2" table:number-rows-spanned="1">

If the answer is correct or helped you to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.

Thank you so much!
Can you for future reference describe how you found the error?

There is no general rule: I’ve used the XML syntax checker of kate (KDE tool with XML syntax checking extension) after having performed a reformat using notepad++ (kate died on performing the formatting). But for sure I’ve got in fact not the right tools for that and - pssst… I hate XML (esp. that it is allowed to have everything in a single line)

I have EXACTLY the same issue but I can not find in the string where the error is? How do you do this?

Can you help me?