How do I repeat an endnote?

If I have multiple places in the document needing the same reference, I don’t want to make separate endnotes with the exact same reference. I’d like to cite a previous endnote.

Is there a way to do this?

Also, how do I put a title on my endnote page?

Multiple references to same note

Insert the first occurrence of note as usual. This creates an internal bookmark.

For the subsequent occurrences, use a cross-reference to this bookmark. At the location of the occurrence:

• Insert>Cross-reference

• In Type, select Endnotes or Footnotes; click on the relevant note in Selection; choose Reference in Insert reference to; click Insert.

• Select the newly inserted reference and give it character style Footnote Anchor or Endnote Anchor so that it has the same formatting as other occurrences.

Title before endnotes

You have two options here.

• Since the endnotes are collected in pages with page style Endnotes, you can add a header in this page style and the header is repeated on every page.

• If you prefer a single heading before the notes, see Heading for endnotes page in this site.

If this answer helped you, please accept it by clicking the check mark :heavy_check_mark: to the left and, karma permitting, upvote it. If this resolves your problem, close the question, that will help other people with the same question.

Ah, thank you. But how do you change the character style of the reference? I can’t figure that out. If I click on it, I get taken to the endnote.

The anchor, both in text and in the note area, is associated with a hyperlink. This is why you can’t click (or double-click) to select the anchor. Click at left or right of the anchor and use the arrows to position the cursor immediately before or after the anchor. Then Shift+arrow to select the whole anchor (may need several strokes if anchor has more than one character). After that, double-click on Footnote Anchor or Endnote Anchor in the character style list of the list navigator.

Hello! I have same problem as double click take me to a endnote… I mark it as you said, but editing it is impossible