How do I rotate an image in LibreOffice Draw, and how do I save the rotated image?

How do I rotate this image so it is right side up? (if image is not viewable - I did a printscreen paste - then my question is simply how do I rotate an image in Draw. I do not see a “rotate” option under the Format menu or anywhere else) tia

#Draw

Format - Position and Size - Rotation TAB.

I do not have access to the “Position and Size” function under the “Format” menus, it is 'grayed out" and not available for me to click on. Why don’t I have access to “Position and Size”? screenshot below, tia

Click on the image to select it, then see if the option is available.

2 Likes

If it not work for you after selecting the image, then please upload a sample file here.

Ok, I clicked on the image, I do not see any rotate “Option” available anywhere…(also why I asked this question in the first place, lol)

If I move the cursor over the image, the cursor turns to a four pointed arrow; I can then access Format | Position and Size or right click and select it from the context menu.

1 Like

There are three TABs on the Position and Size panel. Click on the Rotation TAB.
Rotation TAB

1 Like

… or use the sidebar!

3 Likes

Or the simplest option, click the image until it shows round handles at the corners. Hover over a corner handle until you see an arrow bent in a three-quarter circle, click and start turning. Hold down Shift to constrain angle to 15° increments, release mouse button then release Shift.

1 Like

Rotating and saving Shape as image can also be done relatively easy from the command line or a macro if you need automation.

See the examples:

This solution worked, thank you sir. Its not exactly intuitive to figure out rotation of an item in Draw, so I wouldn’t have figured this out without this forum. Thank God because I have officially fired Microsoft and only want to use LibreOffice lol. Thanks again.

This is not a simple option Mr. Artificial “Intelligence”, I wasted alot of time trying to position my cursor on the corners and its very difficult and frustrating. This needs to be improved.

Sorry, it should have read “hover over a corner handle”