how do I update from 4.3.4.1 to new 4.4.1.

The installation database of 4.3.0.1 was deleted and the installer of 4.4.1 is looking for that file. I also cannot uninstall my Libre Office and I can no longer run it because files have been deleted. Thank you.

“The installation database of 4.3.0.1 was deleted …” Suppose you speak of a corruption or malfunction on your system. Someone trying to help you may need to know what OS and version that is. It might also be helpful to know a bit about how the problem arose.

Like I said the installation database was deleted inadvertently. An older version was left on the hard drive. I can not uninstall because the uninstall program keeps looking for the specific installation database which was inadvertently deleted. What do I do now?

We stll don’t know your operating system and it’s version. As this surely is an OS centered problem only OS specific advice might be possible. There is something named “installer database” for Windows applications, I thus suppose you are working on a Win version. You may find some basic information about your problem in http://eugene2k.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-force-uninstall-a-program . Be careful tampering with the registry! Read every word of an instruction and make sure to understand.