How do you see which footnotes are which?

Hi,

I have a lot of trouble recognizing which footnotes are which. I have an astigmatism, and trouble reading tiny text on computer screens. If I zoom in enough to read the footnote numbers, I can’t see more than half the page. Clicking on them means losing my place, so it’s not very helpful.

Has anyone found a working solution? Maybe something that highlights each footnote in a page with a different color, just for editing?

Alternately using LibreOffice NBC 6.2.7.1 and NeoOffice 2017.20 for accessibility reasons. Can’t use LibreOffice standard due to blinking cursors.

P.S. My best idea right now is to reset page height to 5.5" while editing, and then restore to 11" when finished.

Hi @MarjaE, the footnote, like the text and headings, is specified via the format templates.

The “Footnote” style is responsible for the footnotes.
Place your cursor in the footnotes text. Right-click on the “Footnote” style in the sidebar and choose “Modify …”.

image description

In the following dialog box you can set the font size, normal / bold or “Font Effects” as Color and so on.

Example:

image description

I hope it helps you.

If my answer has solved your problem, please click on the checkmark in the circle Bildbeschreibung to the left of the answer for upvote. This will tell the community that the question has been answered correctly.

With me Windows 10 Home; Version 1909; 64-Bit | LibreOffice, Version: 6.4.1.2 (x64).

But I’m trying to see which footnotes are which. It’s the long pages and tiny footnote numbers that are giving me so much trouble, and using shorter pages goes a long way to help. How does changing the font size for footnote text make it any easier to see which ones are which?