How do you start page numbers after title pages without totally mucking up the formatting?

I’m going insane. THIS BOOK HAS ALREADY GONE TO PRINT! I found out too late that CreateSpace didn’t paginate the book and now it’s going to print with no page numbers. I have a Title Page, a copyright page and an acknowledgments page I do not want numbered. I want the page numbers to start at 1 on the fourth page. I have tried following the very difficult to understand threads on creating new page styles and manual breaks and each time I try this it ends up completely messing up all of my chapter formatting, causing chapter headings to appear in the middle of pages, plus it destroys my page layout of 6x9.
Can someone please WALK me through the process with FEEDBACK at each step? I’ll be happy to provide whatever is necessary to have someone help me with this. The other threads on this subject do not cover what to do when the formatting goes crazy, so I just give up each time. I need to get this solved and get my files uploaded to CreateSpace and Kindle ASAP!

It’s not hard if you don’t just read them but do exactly what those threads say, and first try in a sandbox document. Page styles are just very particular.

You apparently need two page styles, one for the first four pages, and one for the rest. You already have the default page style, set up to do what you want, except for page numbering.

For now, don’t worry about the first pages. First add a footer there, with a page number. Check how that affects the formatting.

When that’s fixed, modify another inbuilt page style for the first pages, First Page for instance. On the Organizer tab of the dialog box, set Next style to First Page. Make sure that page size, margins and all such things are the same for both, except that you don’t enable the footer, or you do enable it, (but don’t enter anything there later on).

Apply it to the first page of the document, then move to the bottom of the fourth page, insert a manual break and set the Next style to Default. Now make sure that everything is still fine. If you report any trouble, make sure to be specific. It’s maddening to read “it doesn’t work” without a clue to what doesn’t work and how it doesn’t work.

It doesn’t work refers to having done EXACTLY what those other threads say and still having a number appear on my title page OR no longer having a 6x9 page format PLUS having chapter titles appear in the middle of pages. I have such a hard time understanding why this has to be so difficult. I need a WALKTHROUGH, not instructions. I need this - A. open dialog box, is it open Y N? (wait for feedback) OK, well maybe not THAT extreme, but you get my drift.

Maddening doesn’t even begin to describe what I’ve been through trying to figure this out.

Get a friend to help you, this is not something you can do on a medium like this.

There are some video tutorials on youtube, I didn’t view them but you can have a go at them.