how do you turn off word suggestions?

When typing suggested words appear as you type. This is very distracting and annoying, and I would like to turn this feature off but cannot find any setting under Options that affects it.

Try with Tools → AutoCorrect → AutoCorrect Options → Word Completion → disable it.

This does not work for me. Is there anything else I’m missing? I just had a PC crash out of nowhere and this was the only program that opened up with completely wiped settings…

I assume that you have Restarted your computer since then, if not then do it as weird stuff can occur after a crash.
Unticking the “enable word completion” setting takes effect immediately. If it makes no difference after changing it (try restarting LibreOffice) then possibly your user profile has been damaged.
I prefer the manual method of resetting the user profile but some find resetting it from Safe Mode to be more to their liking.

If it is suggesting terms from the same column cells: switch off Tools → AutoInput.

1 Like

I actually did but I continued having crashes and eventually had to uninstall some of ASUS terrible software. After restarting a different day the settings I made again suddenly work, but I have no idea why it would wipe the settings in the first place…

If you are on Windows, the default now for Power Off is Hibernate, i.e. keep the PC in exactly the same potentially unstable state. Maybe that’s what happened, if it is then it was Microsoft’s intention.
The best way is Restart as that really does reboot the computer. The best option is to turn off Fast Start so power off really does shut down Windows.

Neverminderino. After typing for a while these tooltips keep poping up over my text again…
It’s so distracting and I’m trying to study. I’m seriously considering finding a different document program so I don’t have to waste my time like this…

If you have reset your user profile then that would have cleared the list of words in Tools > AutoCorrect > AutoCorrect Options > Word Completion. If you didn’t then untick Enable word completion it would have started collecting and offering words again.