How do you use the split screen to view two separate parts of the same document?

Microsoft Word has this function, but I can’t locate it in Libre.

Hello @Enokian, welcome to the Group.

In the Calc, Window option menu, the visual adjustment is manual.

ATTENTION: If you would like to give more details to your question, use edit in question or add a comment below. Thank you.

If the answer met your need, please click on the ball Descrição da imagem to the left of the answer, to finish the question.

1 Like

Window > New Window
Very cool! Thank you!

Quick answer: the feature per se doesn’t exist.

Approximate equivalent: while displaying the file in Writer, Window>New Window. Then arrange the windows to display side-by-side. The views are independent but any modification in one window is immediately visible in the second (as you would expect in a split window. Consequently, you can File>Save in any window to update the copy on disk.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

3 Likes

I new to LibreOffice. This is much better than the MS-Word split window, as you can manage the windows in a more comfortable way to work! :slight_smile:

You can open a new window.
From the menu in LibreOffice, choose Window>New Window.
You can now arrange the windows.
Since they are “Windows” windows, you can arrange them with a shortkey.

Mark a window.
Press the button Window and arrow to the left.
Mark the other window.
Press the button Window and arrow to the right.
Now the windows should be arranged vertically next to each other.

If you want to switch between the windows,
you can just click on the top of the window frame,
This will activate the respective window.
Next Shortkeys on Windows can be found here. I wish you success!

If my answer has solved your problem, please click on the checkmark ✓ in the circle image description to the left of the answer and click on the arrow ^ for upvote. This will tell the community that the question has been answered correctly.

With me Windows 10 Home; Version 1903; 64-Bit | LibreOffice, Version: 6.2.5.2 (x64).