How does one "drag a selection frame around the objects"?

I’m using Draw to edit a many-page pdf, each page with many closely-packed text frames. I need to move many such groups up as a block. Shift-click doesn’t work well for so many closely-packed items, and so many occurrences. LO Help says one can “drag a selection frame around the objects”. That would be perfect. But how does one do that?

Hello,

click outside/left above the first text box and drag your mouse to outside/right below the last text box you want to be selected (the GIF shows a subsequent Cut operation to demonstrate the selection)

image description

Hope that helps.

I’d tried that several times but it never worked, received your post, tried again, it still didn’t work, and then it occurred to me to make the first click (begin the drag) off the page (i.e. not in the left margin), and finish off the page, and it worked. Thank you. What happened when I started in the left margin was that the page was selected, and as I moved the mouse, a transparent page moved with the mouse, leaving the original page where it was. Just now I tried that again, deleted the transparent page, clicked again in the left margin, a second transparent page moved with the mouse, deleted that, and finally it worked without any transparent page appearing, and I could select beginning in the left margin.

I’d be interested to know what those transparent pages were, and how to avoid them.

the page was selected

This happen when the page has a background.

Thank you!

Pick the Select tool (the arrow icon in the Drawing toolbar). Click-and-hold in an empty area, and drag to enclose the objects to be selected.

Tested with LibreOffice 6.4.7.2 (x86); OS: Windows 6.1.

Add Answer is reserved for solutions. If you think the answer is not satisfactory, add a comment below, or click edit (below your question) to add more information. Thanks.

Check the mark (Answer markCorrect answer mark) to the left of the answer that solves your question.