How make macro trusted?

I am trying to get the macro security warning on opening a form to “go away.” I have read the documentation here Security Warning but it does not correspond to what I am seeing. I do not see “Always trust macros from this source”. I see only Help, Enable Macros and Disable Macros.

I have one user-written macro. It is currently in MyDB.odb->Standard->MyModule. I have macro security set to Medium, as seems to be recommended. I see the Tools->Options->Macro Security->Trusted Sources dialog but it seems to only accept folder names on my PC, not sources within the database. (I am probably doing something wrong.) I can move the macro if necessary but putting it on my PC will not work. My users access the database from Google Cloud.

I am an IT security guy and I understand the need for macro security. I am not opposed to macro security. I would just like to make Base trust this one macro.

How do I get Base to trust this macro?

Thanks
Charles

I have set in “Trusted Sources” the document root of my user home. If I download anything it will be loaded to “Downloads”. With security set to “Medium” I will be asked, if I would allow macro executing by every file, which I have downloaded.

Note:
Very high → all macros in trusted sources will be allowed, nothing else.
High → all macros in trusted sources will be allowed, only signed from other sources.
Medium → all macros in trusted sources will be allowed, for other you will be asked.
Low → all macros are allowed

I never signed a macro. I use “Medium” to get the warning in “Downloads” and that’s all.

1 Like