How to add a button for an extension or macro to a toolbar?

When the Writer is in “Standard Toolbars” mode, we can edit the toolbar to add a button to launch extensions such as AlternateSearch or PicTool.

I tried to add both, but the problem is that the GUI does not allow me to add the whole macro. It only allows me to add a command (function??) inside the macro.

In the following figure, I have illustrated this problem. The GUI does not activate the right arrow in the AltSearch tree, till I go down to level 3.

Finally I tried it out, and added a button for Level 3. But when I clicked on it, it produced a series of errors.

Question is, how do I add buttons for AltSearch and PicTool?
Also, what should I do to see the original icon of the macro on its toolbar button?
(For example, the icon for AltSearch is green binoculars.)

What you call “the whole macro” actually is the set of macros the extension builds on (adding probably dialogs …).
AltSerach, however, creates its own toolbar on insrtall. The toolbar has the AltSearch Icon (big green spyglass) as its only element, and positions itself locked, in my case left of the Formtting toolbar.

(With respect to the “other question”):
As mostly I wasted some time with experimenting again.
This resulted in the experience that the AltSearch toolbar was placed differently after a roundtrip over a different UI back to ‘Standard’.
I can live with it - and I can put back the AS toolbar to its original position.