How to add a lanuage

Dear all,

by default my Libreoffice version was installed including German and English languages.
Now I would like to add French, Italian and Dutch, especially as I need those for spell checks

However, the cryptic menus of LibreOffice do not show me how to do so.
Thus, I’d be happy obtaining a hint how to add other languages.

Any help is appreciated.

Best,
Juergen.

This is the Dutch language section. Why don’t you post in the English language section?

Regardless, how to install dictionaries for LibreOffice may depend on your operating system and version of LibreOffice.

You can download spell check dictionaries from the Extensions section. For Italian, visit Italian Spellchecker » Extensions.

You can also search Search extensions | Apache OpenOffice Extensions - they’re compatible with LibreOffice.

After downloading, double-click the extensions, the extension manager of LibreOffice will then install them. You will have to restart LibreOffice before you can use the new dictionaries.

Ga naar LibreOffice Vorige versie | LibreOffice - Een aantrekkelijk, leuk project en kies je talen om te installeren. Je kunt de talen ‘aanzetten’ door LibreOffice opnieuw te installeren. Dan voor Wijzigen te kiezen en dan bij Talen voor gebruikersinterface de talen aan te zetten. Daarna kun je via Extra > Opties > Talen een taal kiezen.

Heel erg bedankt en sorry voor het posten in het Engels.
Ik begrijp Nederlands, maar ik spreek het niet. Dit hier is vertaald met Deepl.

Ik heb lang naar deze oplossing gezocht en eerlijk gezegd begrijp ik niet waarom het niet mogelijk is om de talen opnieuw te laden als dat nodig is. Dat zou tegenwoordig geen probleem meer moeten zijn.
De architectuur is gewoon verouderd.