How to add misspelled words to specific user-defined dictionaries?

In LO I have 3 user-defined dictionaries: Standard, Technical, and Ignored Words. When the spellchecker marks a word as misspelled that I don’t want marked such, the “add to dictionary” always puts it in the Standard dictionary, but how can I direct it to the other user-defined dictionaries?
Thanks

Version: 7.4.5.1 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 40(Build:1)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 6.1; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Debian package version: 4:7.4.5-2
Calc: threaded

Have you enabled (ticked the check box) the dictionaries in Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids > User-Defined Dictionaries?

To test I have just downloaded and added the King James Bible .dic from Extensions and with the dictionary enabled I get a choice of which dictionary I should add a new word to.

[Edit]
Note this is somewhat different to the Taxonomy dictionary which is Latin so needs different use case, see GitHub - kbagge/Taxonomy_Dictionary_Libreoffice: Libreoffice extension for installing The Taxonomy Dictionary

Yes they are enabled:

but no choices for me:
Screenshot from 2023-03-27 02-29-31

Both dictionaries start with

OOoUserDict1
lang: <none>
type: positive
---

but if lang set to something other than none, then you wouldn’t have more dictionaries available. I can’t see where esle the problem lies

1 Like

Ok I’ve discovered that only the standard.dic in actually in my ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/wordbook/, and it has the right heading:

$ head -4 standard.dic 
OOoUserDict1
lang: <none>
type: positive
---
$ 

The technical.dic is actually in /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/wordbook/ and owned by root, so guess that’s why it won’t show up for me to add words to it.

The “List of Ignored Words” is actually empty if I try to edit it in LO, but it would let me add a word to it, which i’ve done… but not sure where the actual dictionary file is yet, and it hasn’t enabled multiple dictionary choices in the right-click menu like you show… Idk it must be some residual effect from many years of LO use. I just tried creating a new dictionary and the underlying .dic file immediately showed up in ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/wordbook/ and I also have choices now!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction @EarnestAl !

List of ignored words is not like the user defined dictionaries. As mentioned in the Help, it is cleared at closing of LibreOffice.