How to add mulitple authors in document properties

I know how to add my User data to the document properties, but I don’t know how to add another author. How can I do this?

I am using Libreoffice Writer 4.2.7.2 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I also want to see the second author in the exported pdf.

You could possibly use the Comment window under the Description tab. If you do so you can link this information into the document using Insert > Fields > Other > Doc information tab > Comments

I made this test in LibO 4.3.4.1 using an XP machine.

I can think of a number of ways to do this. The right for your depends on your needs/objectives.

Probably the “right way” to do this (with the standard writer document and no plugins), would be to:

• create a “Custom Property” named “Authors” (and include yourself).

FileMenu, Properties, CustomPropertiesTab ... enter Properties Name = "Authors"; Type=Text, Value: Delimited List of Authors

You could then use this field as you wish, formatting would be possible but might take some thinking if your particular. The documents metadata would complete and accurate.

You note that your user data User data allows you to be named as Author by inserting the “Author” field. I think technically this is a leap in faith on the part of the designers, and for those lucky enough to have secretaries typing dictated documents could easily lead to inaccuracy. (Something like the solution here would be necessary to provide for accuracy, or a hack like having your secretary pretend to be you when he creates the document and then insert his name in the builtin custom property of “Typist.”

(I believe that if you were using CMIS that the answer could be more elegant, but I think that’s beyond the scope of your question as well as my knowledge - I’ve tried to look into that but I couldn’t get a CMIS system running.)