How to change "Data Source" in Base Reports

using HSQLDB

i have an existing LO-Base-Report that is working correctly with a prototype table.
now that i have the report working correctly;
i want to change the “Data Source” to a working table but could not find anything in the properties tab to do this.
the format and fields are the same in both tables only the prototype table has fake sample data in it and the working table has the actual data i want to appear in the report.

i know the simple solution is to rename the tables but is there another option ???

Hello,

Edit your report. Turn on Properties - Gear icon on toolbar or menu selection from View.

Now a left mouse click on report side (left section) where there is no report information - a blank area. Such as where the mouse pointer is here:

This now shows the Report information in the Properties section. Click on the Data tab of Properties (right section). Content type and Content are the source of the report.

Verify fields are correct.

@Ratslinger
thank you very much !
i knew there must be a better answer than renaming the tables.
tried to find my answer by resubmitting different wording variations of data_source but, never got a relevant result. i really had expected someone would have asked that question before me.
spent all day clicking everywhere but never would have thought to do so outside of the report area.
glad to see you are so attentive on this forum. keep up the great work & stay safe.
tried to vote +++ i’m too new, i guess

@uglybug,

Thank you for first attempting to find answer with a search. Don’t currently recall seeing this question asked before.

As for up-voting, I believe you need 5 karma. See → faq.

I’m trying this but it just gives me General tab and shows names of the section like header/footer etc.
where to find properties of whole report??
ok i found this option with “gray area”. I had error because grouping was using column name that was not present in query which is new datasource. When i removed the grouping it could produce report OK.

It is now Oct 2020 and this no longer works, at least on on LO Base v7.

@lazarus477,

Don’t know what you are looking at. Works on Ubuntu 20 with LO v 7.0.2.2