How to change Horizontal Line thickness?

I can’t see a way to modify horizontal lines in any way. I’ve added one, which for some reason looks like 2 lines with minimal thickness regardless of zoom.

How can I set the thickness? The line can’t be selected, there’s nothing in its paragraph style that looks relevant, and as far as I can tell there’s no such thing as a line style.

If you expect any decent answer, reopen your question to add relevant details. To do this, click on below the question , then on the “pencil” icon to enter edit mode.

Mention OS name, exact LO version (4-number release id – you can get it with Tools>About LO) and save format.

Tell us how you added these “lines”. Since they look grayish, they probably are “visual hint” boundaries enabled by various options in View menu, but we can’t tell for sure from the (partial) screenshot because you didn’t activate View>Formatting Marks (your “khj…” can be the page footer).

For best diagnostic, attach your sample file.

Open the horizontal line paragraph style, select the Borders tab. Adjust line width, colour, etc there

1 Like

Works perfectly, thank you! It didn’t occur to me that the line itself might be a border.