How to change size of a specific page in Libreoffice Writer

I wanna change the size of one page, not all.

Plerase edit your question and be more precise about the textflow you try to achieve.
Writer doesn’t handel single pages with some content each, but fills a series of pages with continually flowing and automatically wrapped text - as long as not the user forces a hard page break of one of two types. To the detail this is handled by a rather clever system also including a feature allowing to automatically create sequences of varyíng page styles (left/right e.g.).
You see: Advice addressing your actual needs will have to regard your detailed expectations.

Don’t understand. I just want one page to be longer and the other pages to be normal size. I thought you would understand what I said.

Use a separate page style for that page. First create it, or modify an existing one to suit your needs. Then at the bottom of the page preceding the special page, Insert - More breaks - Manual break and select your new page style for the next page. Set the new page style’s Next page attribute to Default page style to return to normal.

This is one of the ways to get such a thing. I wanted to also not exclude the case that the first page style (size) has text that shall automatically flow into a page of the other style (size) and…
Many thinkable alternatives.
A hard page break changing the page style can’t allow the flowing text.

I suppose that’s the problem of @ElTaco6969.

Sorry but I don’t understand this. I thought there was a simpler way to edit one page only. This is weird.

LibreOffice doesn’t know what a single page is. That sounds odd, but it’s how LibreOffice works. You should read the documentation about page styles, it’s one of the toughest parts of the document structure of Writer, but it’s worth it.

Any text processing software working with flowing text can’t have fix pages at the same time, can it? Please tell me. Having fixed the page wrap by insertion of hard page breaks, software can allow to assign a different page style (including the size e.g.) to every page created this way. Writer uses its page styles with successor styles to do it in a cleverer way.
You can write code to create the hard page breaks on the fly. But as soon as these breaks are inserted, the text can no longer flow over these “borders”.

1 Like

I’m typing something for my mom.

Okay, so we’re talking way over your head. It’s better if we fix it for you then instead of telling what to do. I will send you a private message.

The questioner may not be very experienced, but doesn’t sound uninterested.
Therefore I sketched an example (as @anon87010807 probably intended) containing also a kind of teaching text and a few lines of code on the one hand showing clearly the needed steps, on the other hand actually able to run for somebody urgently needing such operation often.
instantPageCutterDemo.odt (28.0 KB)

1 Like