How to change the date so that the year will update to the current year

SELECT JJ.Account, JJ.DrCr, SUM( JJ.Amount ) FROM JJ, Account WHERE JJ.Account = Account.Account AND JJ.Date >= {d ‘2022-01-01’ } AND ( Account.Type = ‘expense’ OR Account.Type = ‘revenue’ ) GROUP BY JJ.Account, JJ.DrCr ORDER BY JJ.Account ASC, JJ.DrCr DESC

The date is being used as a filter. I only want the stuff in the current year. I would like to replace the “2022-1-1” with the solution. I am in the process of switching from access to libre.

Hello,
I understand you are converting from Access to Libre? (s/b Base) but Base is just a front end. It handles many databases. Which database are you using in Base? This matters as SQL varies.
What is wrong with the code you have? Did you try it? If error, what exactly is the error?
Edit:
Quick test using HSQLDB embedded database shows the date comparison you have works. Only problem I see is mixed case table and column names need to be surrounded with quotes such as:

SELECT "JJ"."Account","JJ"."DrCr", SUM( "JJ"."Amount" )  etc......

Make certain the date value is surrounded by apostrophes:

{d '2022-01-01' }

not back ticks.

The code runs as is. I believe the sql is in OBDC.
I am looking to make the change so I don’t have to change the filter in future years.
edit: I want to change “2022-1-1” with a formula that gets the 1/1/(Current year).

This is the code in access that does what I want:
SELECT JJ.Account, JJ.DrCr, Sum(JJ.Amount) AS SumOfAmount
FROM JJ INNER JOIN Account ON JJ.Account = Account.Account
WHERE (((Account.Type) Like “revenue*” Or (Account.Type)=“expense”) AND ((JJ.Date)>=DateSerial(Year(Date$()),1,1) Or (JJ.Date)>=DateSerial(Year(Date$()),1,1)))
GROUP BY JJ.Account, JJ.DrCr;

ODBC is a connector for databases. Still need to know what database you are using.
You comment provides a better explanation. It st a matter of extracting the year from the current date. Bu again SQL is different from database to database. Need that info.
Should be on the bottom line of the Base screen in the center.

Its saying Access which :confused: . I’m still very new to libreoffice.

So all you have is a connection from Base to Access. Your SQL works because you are still using the access database.
If you are switching, you need to create a new Base file using the database you want instead of Access. Then copy From the Base file with Access, the tables and paste in the new Base file - one by one.
Only tables will transfer.
Queries will need modification depending upon the new database used. Reports and forms will not transfer.
BTW, testing with HSQLDB embedded database this works as you requested:

Year("JJ"."Date") = Year(Current_Date)

I kind of figured that was what what happening. I handbuilt a program that inserted items within the access db and deleted them as well. That will be fun. I tried inputing the code you gave me, and the left screen is base. It gave me an error. Ideas?

The code I presented was not for the Access database you are using:

If you are going to continue using the Access connection, use the Access SQL.

Found an old Base file with an Access connection. This is may be what you need using Access in Base:

Year(JJ.Date) = Year(Now())
1 Like

Figured it out. Basicly the Date$ is replaced by Now

Code I was looking for was:
SELECT JJ.Account, JJ.DrCr, SUM( JJ.Amount ) FROM JJ, Account WHERE JJ.Account = Account.Account AND JJ.Date >= DateSerial(Year(Now()),1,1) AND ( Account.Type = ‘expense’ OR Account.Type = ‘revenue’ ) GROUP BY JJ.Account, JJ.DrCr ORDER BY JJ.Account ASC, JJ.DrCr DESC