How to convert ODG file to ODT using LibreOffice Draw

What’s the easiest and best way to do it either using LibreOffice Draw or LibreOffice Writer?

Please describe exactly what you want to achieve.
For example: I want to insert my graphics, which I have drawn in Draw, into Writer.

The help on this page is mostly provided by users like you.

An important aspect is the correct specification of the tags.
Choose at least one of the valid tags that match your situation: Writer, Calc, Draw, Impress, Math, Base or Common.

Your question and its description should be as detailed as possible.
When writing your question and description, please keep in mind that no one can look over your shoulder.
Please, basically you have to specify the operating system and the LibreOffice version (three digits, e.g. 7.3.2).
Edit your initial question, to do it.
Thanks.
All important information about your initial question should be present in the initial question box, otherwise edit and complete it.
Do not use comments for this.
If you have already fulfilled some of these requirements, so much the better.

You may want to upload a reduced and anonymized file here so that someone can examine it.

Here you can find the further References for this page.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you very much for your comments.

I don’t know any way to convert text from Draw to Writer.
In Draw, texts are entered into drawing objects such as a Text box.

Theoretically you would have the possibility to copy the Text boxes from Draw to Writer.
But this would not allow a normal text flow in Writer.

I only see the possibility to copy the text in the Text boxes in Draw and paste it in Writer.
The pasting should be done as unformatted text ( Ctrl+Alt+Shift+V ).

Alternatively, you can search the internet to see if you can find an appropriate converter there.

To combine text boxes select the text boxes and click Shape > Consolidate text, see Consolidate Text Boxes

Draw is a drawing program so a direct conversion to document writing program is never to going to be exactly the same. I would copy the text as unformatted text as Hrgbr says and then copy the other objects such as images to Writer.

Insert > Object > Ole Object should work but only one page of the Draw file will be visible. Double-clicking the OLE object will open it to allow you to re-arrange it in its frame if not everything on the page is visible.

2 Likes

How do you consolidate the text first in the ODG file using LibreOffice Draw?
I found a way to convert to ODT but it doesn’t really work
I suspect it failed because I didn’t consolidate the text first, but I have no idea
Let me show you what I did, if you please, then you could tell me where I went wrong

1. Saved my ODG file in LibreOffice Draw and named it “Funding list.odg”
  2. Opened LibreOffice Writer ODT document.
  3. In Writer I went to Insert → Object → OLE object, then selected “Create from file”
  4. Clicked on “Search” and found my Funding list.odg file from Draw.
  5. Opened it.
  6. It gave me a small part of the document in an awkward appearance, to was a fail.

Please don’t use Solution if it is not an answer. Either edit your question to add details
EditPost

Or click the text bubble (see icon to the right of edit this post image) of the person asking for details to create a comment.

1 Like