How to copy and paste filtered ranges?

In “another popular spreadsheet program,” when I select a filtered range, copy it, and paste it into another worksheet, only the visible data are pasted. In LibreOffice Calc 6.4.7.2, when I do the same thing, with 50 rows visible, it copy-pastes the first 50 rows of the unfiltered data, not the 50 visible rows.

In both cases, I am using Data > Autofilter.

How do I copy and paste only the visible (filtered in) data?

Thank you.

In “another popular spreadsheet program,” when I select a filtered range, copy it, and paste it into another worksheet, only the visible data are pasted

Please see how LibreOffice does exactly the same thing (you see 2 different documents and not 2 different sheets of a single document).

image description

using

Version: 6.4.7.2, Build ID: 639b8ac485750d5696d7590a72ef1b496725cfb5
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: kf5; 
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US, Calc: threaded

Hence it seems not to be a general issue, but related to your specific installation

• on which operating system?
  • using which desktop manager (if applicable)?
  • using which packages (distro, TDF, snap, flatpak, or something else)?
  • using a clipboard manager?

You may also want to provide a sample file showing the unintended behavior (edit your question and use the paperclip symbol to upload a file).

I have just encountered the same problem. Libre Office 7.1.8.4 on Windows 10 version 22H2 OS build 19045.3448 experience 1000.19044.1000.0. Issue appears to be identical except with me it started during a work session where I had successfully copied two filtered sheets on to new sheets but have since been unable to. Selecting the filtered column and three other columns the copy results in the number of rows in the filter but not the rows selected by the filter. Could I have inadvertently altered something??

There is an extension to do it.
Copy only visible cells