How to create special format ?

Hello,

What format should be used to achieve the topic as below?

• The value in cell 1 and it displays it as 01.00
  • The value in cell 11 and it displays it as 11.00
  • The value in cell 111 and it displays it as 11.10
  • The value in cell 1111 and it displays it as 11.11

Thank you in advance

By using the format code “00.00” in the applied Cell style.

Thank you for your response but using your solution, where it types 1 it gets 00.01, if it types 11 it gets 00.11 etc.

Format Code 00.00 on a cell having 1 yields 1.00 and not 00.01

when I do as you write it looks like this

Sure - you tell to show 2 decimal places an that happens and you get 111.00 - This is just another representation of the number 111 (content does not change). The same happens with 1 - you get 1.00 and the content doesn’t change.

My default assumption on this English Ask page is (unless the question tells anything else):
decimal separator is: . (dot) - especially if questioners uses that separator.

Regarding the question: Your question seems to be inspired by accounting machines/calculators, which had a functionality to perform currency calculations without the need to enter decimal separators. I can’t imagine that your desired result could be achieved - even not visually - by doing any formatting, since this would requires “changing content by formatting”.

I don’t know how to go about it, but perhaps a good tip would be how I would like it to be used. Assuming the scenario I presented in the content of the notification itself, it could alternatively look like this:

• The value in cell 1 and it displays it as 1
  • The value in cell 11 and it displays it as 11
  • The value in cell 1 and it displays it as 1

• The value in cell 11 and it displays it as 11

It requires some conditional calculations. It is not achievable with formatting only.

Thank you for your response. Could you please guide me. I do not know where to start

I don’t see too much regularity in your samples.
Based on your last 4 samples, I can suggest you to use this formula in the adjacent cells:
=IF(A1<100;TEXT(A1;“0”);TEXT(A1/100;“0.00”))

(The results will be strings, but not numbers.)

Or you can apply some Cell Styles conditionally by the formula… Then the numbers stay numeric values for some next calculations.