How to crop images in LibreOffice Writer (it was possible earlier this year, but now it isn't)

Dear LibreOffice Experts,

this year (january) I was able to crop pictures in LibreOffice Writer in every possible way, even by detecting the edges of inner objects (as below). Now I dont even have the cropping option when scrolling down the right click menu. I really need these features in OpenOffice Writer (not in an other program, or even OpenOffice Draw, since it’s very time consuming to always change there, when cropping is needed) and it’s really strange, that they are not available anymore, since they once were.

I have Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS and LibreOffice Write version: 4.2.8.2 Build: 420m0(Build:2) Unfortunately I can’t remember exactly how was I able to do the cropping, but there were definitely specific cropping tools, not just the crop tab in right click>image>crop, which in is possible to crop images only by entering the exact width numbers. Now I cant find those tools anywhere.

I hope you can give me some advices, how to fix the issue, or at least some answers, how could this happen.

Thank you for your help.

Please read the guidline. Which OS and LO-Version? How do you proceed? Describe your individual steps.

Yes, sorry, I missed that out.
I have Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS and LibreOffice Write version: 4.2.8.2 Build: 420m0(Build:2)
Unfortunately I can’t remember exactly how was I able to do the cropping, but there were definitely specific cropping tools, not just the crop tab in right click>image>crop, which in is possible to crop images only by entering the exact width numbers. Now I cant find those tools anywhere.

Since I recommend you to download a more recent LibreOffice version and install. On this page select your operating system and download.

I reinstalled it after posting this question (but before updating it) from the Software Center, and I never came to think, that the version, I’ve installed from there, is not the newest one. Maybe it’s the newest one in my language, that would make sense, otherwise it would be kind of strange (that means it’s time to join the translation team). No I’ve replaced my OpenOffice with the one you suggested, and so I have the full series of image editing tools. Although I still can’t find the one, which I was able to detect edges, but I can live without it for now. Thank you.