How to delete/remove hidden images from Writer

Hallo everyone!
I’ve a question about with a lot of hidden (and not used in the writer document) images that makes the file very big.
All that images are listed in navigator panel.
How to delete/remove this hidden images from file?

Thanks.

The “unused” items (they can be images, tables, etc) might be used e.g. in some page styles’ headers/footers. So check the unused page styles for them, possibly just remove those styles.

Thank you, but it doesn’t work. I’m not allowed to remove some predefined page styles.

If those styles are customized to refer to those images, then you can apply those styles one-by-one to a section, and edit them do remove images. Then you can set required page style back.

Maybe I’m not be able to do what you suggest… by now it doesn’t work. I’m trying another way using some of what you suggested, and it seem working… so thank you.

Thanks to Mr. Kaganski advices now I removed all my hidden images, with a procedure like this:

• open a new document
  • load style from file (all style: characters, pages, etc.) with overwrite option checked
  • copy all I need from old file
  • paste in the new document
  • … and is done… I have a new document entirely like the older, but without hidden images and more and more lighter and faster than old file.