How to download all images from odt file or LO writer

I want to download all the image files from an .odt writer document. Saving one image at a time is tedious, is there a quicker way?
Linux, LO 6.3.1

Please edit your question (don’t use a comment so that all needed information lies in a single location) to improve it. Mention OS name, LO version and save format.

What do you mean with “get all images”? Do you simply want to have a list of all of them? Do you want to copy them in a single operation?
In other words, what do you want to do?

Meanwhile, have a look to the Navigator (F5 if not already visible in the side pane).

One can open the odt file via archive manager and get all the images in “pictures” folder. One can rename the extension as .zip, .ar, etc. to open using archive manager.

7-zip can do it on Win controlled by commandline parameters.
C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe x C:\Users\User\Documents\aPath\theFileName.odt -oC:\Users\User\Documents\aPath\ Pictures\* -r
just did it with an example for me: All the images (about 51 MiB from the odt-archive’s wrapped-in folder ‘Pictures’ were extraced regarding the path to the newly created subfolder of the folder where the .odt resided. within half a second. (I used that path, but tzhe extraction can also go to a different one.)
See https://sevenzip.osdn.jp/chm/cmdline/commands/extract_full.htm
(The “-r” for recursion through subfolders should be unneeded in our case.)

1 Like