How to enable crash report in Kubuntu 21.04

Hi. I use LO7.1.5 from TDF on a Kubuntu 21.04 machine. I’m editing the LibreOffice guides, mostly using Writer and master documents. Styles, images, lists, tables, links and all the stuff.

I get quite a lot of LO crashes and then recoveries.

But I don’t get any way to send a crash report to TDF. I’m a skilled user and I know how to report details.

The combination of LO TDF and Kubuntu is not working to send crash reports.

How can I enable crash report?

1 Like

You did tick option Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> General -> [x] Send crash reports to The Document Foundation? If that option is not available you most likely are using a distribution specific package (at least on my openSUSE 15.3 and Fedora 34 system there is no such option). If that’s the case, check Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Advanced -> Button: Open Expert Configuration and search for crashreport

Yes, I have these settings enabled. I guess KDE/Kubuntu apport is capturing the crash before LibreOffice.

Same problem here. Kubuntu with Li=breoffice 7.3dev.

No bug address to report bug.

When I initiate crashreport, it says “missing debug packages”.

see here:

This looks like a bug to report to TDF :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes - a crash manager of the desktop manager may be faster. On my KDE system (openSUSE 15.3) a crude workaround enables crashreports: sudo chmod 644 /usr/lib64/libexec/drkonqi (Test using killall -6 soffice.bin). Did not find a way to disable on a per application basis (didn’t even find a configuration file for drkonqi) and export KDE_DEBUG=1 did not work for me.

1 Like

Thanks @anon73440385 for the tip. LO crash report is now visible, drkonqi was to blame.