How to enter data into a Base table?

I’m using 5.0. The language in my version is French but I’d prefer it to be English. I’ve created a table but not a formula. When I try to create a formula there’s no wizard to help me. When I try to enter data directly into the table I’m told I can’t. What can I do to rectify the situation?

Thanks

Hi

May be you can not enter data because you have not define a primary key? If that is the case I suggest you to download here the Getting Started with Base guide that explains very well the concept.

Formulas are not created in the table. You need to create them in a query (see the guide).

Regards

Thanks very much for the reference. I’ll now study the guide.

Hello again,

Having read part of the guide, I realize that I didn’t construct my data base correctly. However, it does work to some extent and it has a lot of data in it. I don’t want to have to enter all that piece by piece into a new data base which is properly constructed. Is there a way to avoid that?

Thanks in advance

Hi - There are several possibilities. Eg copy-paste a table triggers a wizard that allows you to create a new one by selecting fields and adding or not the data. It is also possible to use the menu ToolsSQL to run INSERT statements but you should give details to help you more precisely. Regards.