How to Get a #10 Envelope to allow Text from top to bottom, in portrait

Here is the envelope I’m working on at the moment. I have everything I need on it. I want the top yellow from Drawer Count down to Posted to be at the top of the envelope. Yet no matter how I play with the margins or I make the parts in question a header it will get cut off from the printer.

Also I have changed the format of the envelope as well too test and see maybe it is something innocuous or an error on my part. I’m down to it is the printer which it is a Brother mfc-j6945dw or it is the way I have set it up. I need the parts mentioned to be also large font size up to maybe 14 Times New Roman.

LibreOffice Info: Version 24.2.0.3 (x86_64) / LibreOffice CommunityVersion: 24.2.0.3 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: da48488a73ddd66ea24cf16bbc4f7b9c08e9bea1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: CL threaded

Any help would be appreciated, Thank You for your time.

Please upload a sample by clicking the pencil icon to edit your question. When the editing window is open click the up-pointing arrow to upload the document.

Please also add your operating system, click Help > About LibreOffice then click the icon at the end of Version information to copy the details and paste at the bottom of your question.

Just did, thank you.

Your top three lines are outside the printable area as shown by the margin
Click Format > Page Style, select the Page tab and adjust top margin to 12mm (1/2"), left margin to 12.5 mm (1/2"), right margin to 10mm (3/8"), bottom margin can be 10mm (3/8"). Ref Unprintable Area, page 45 of the printer manual.
10EnvelopePic_102329.odt (25.6 KB)

I just entered the margin changes, it is cutting off everything above day of the week and I did increase the font to 14 Times New Roman. I’ll try a 12 font change, I need it pretty much to the top and between 12 - 14.

Hmmm. I just tested but for DL envelopes on my MFC-J6955dw which is pretty much the same model but newer with slightly less functionality. Despite what the manual says (same specs as yours), the printer seems to need 16mm (5/8") margin at the top for envelopes.

Just attempted the changes you recommended. It pushed the top yellow part down too far for what I need it for. Also cut off a small portion of the bottom text that is not shown in the screenshot. I might play with the margins again maybe it’s a magic number.

Here is the whole text:

Drawer Count

By: ________Date: __________

Day Of Week: _________

Posted:______ __

Rolled: ____________

Quarters: ____________

Dimes: ____________

Nickels: ____________

Pennies: ____________

Ones: ____________

Fives: ____________

Tens: ____________

Twenties: ____________

Fifties: ____________

Hundreds: ____________

Checks: ____________

Total Cash: $____________

Minus Starting Bank $1,000.00

Remaining Cash:$________Deposit #8252

Gift Cards:$___________ (Paid With Gift Card)

CC Charges:$__________

Fees:$________ Deposit:$_________

DO NOT FILL OFFICE USE ONLY

Total Payments Made With Gift Card : $_____________

House Accounts:

Name:___________ $__________

$__________

Total All House Accounts (Same as Toast):

Money Paid Out (Payouts):

Name:_____________ $___________

$___****

Total of All Payouts (Same as Toast Greens):

Total (Deposits, CC, House, Payouts):$_____________

Gift Card Sales/Deferred Amount: $___________

Total All Sales : $__________(The 2 Rows Above.)

Total Daily Sales “Z” : $___________

Difference Short/Over: $___________

$_________________Total Credit Card Tips Disbursed (Same as Toast)

The printer has an unprintable area top area of 12mm (probably 16mm) and bottom area of 12mm. Anything inside those distances to the edge will never be printed. Reduce font size instead, try 13 or 12.5 or something

1 Like

Dropped it back down and same result lower. Thank you for helping me on this issue, I am going to mess with the margins within those specs you mentioned.