How to increase the font size of the equation in LibreOffice impress

Hello,
I have prepared a ppt in which i have typed an equation/formula, But the size (font size) is small (since the font size is automatically taken while writing the formula), and if i view the ppt in slideshow style, the formula that i have typed looks very small. So how do i increase the font size of the formula that i have typed…??
Thank you

From within a Math object: Format → Font size → Base size. If you then click on the Default button, all new Math objects will use that size (even in Writer!). To change the size of a part of an expression, you have the size command:

size*2{ something }

will make “something” twice as big as the base size.

(Using experimental tools always work on copies only!)

If you have to resize lots of formulas you may feel tempted to try the user Subs (“macros”) below I just sketched for the purpose. They are coded a bit roughly and will only work in ‘Draw’ and in ‘Impress’ documents. It should not be too difficult to adapt or generalize them for ‘Writer’ and ‘Calc’.

Sub resizeAllMathFormulas(Optional ByVal pNewBaseFontHeight)
REM No resolving of groups!
If IsMissing(pNewBaseFontHeight) Then 
 pNewBaseFontHeight=InputBox("Please enter the new BaseFontHeight for ALL Math formulas.", "Resize ALL Formulas Generally", "48")
End If
tD=ThisComponent
tDPs=tD.DrawPages
For pN=0 To tDPs.Count -1
 tP=tD.DrawPages(pN)
 For sN=0 To tP.Count-1
  tS=tP(sN)
  If tS.SupportsService("com.sun.star.drawing.OLE2Shape") Then
   If tS.Model.SupportsService("com.sun.star.formula.FormulaProperties") Then
    tS.Model.BaseFontHeight=pNewBaseFontHeight
   End If
  End If
 Next sN
Next pN
End Sub

and

Sub askAndResizeSelectedMathFormula()
tD=ThisComponent
tSel=tD.CurrentSelection
If NOT tSel.SupportsService("com.sun.star.drawing.ShapeCollection") Then Exit Sub
If tSel.Count<>1 Then Exit Sub
tS=tSel(0)
If tS.SupportsService("com.sun.star.drawing.OLE2Shape") Then
 If tS.Model.SupportsService("com.sun.star.formula.FormulaProperties") Then
  NewBaseFontHeight=0+InputBox("please enter the new BaseFontHeight.", "Resize Formula Generally", "48")
  tS.Model.BaseFontHeight=newBaseFontHeight
 End If
End If
End Sub

Hi @Lupp

It should not be too difficult to adapt or generalize them for ‘Writer’ and ‘Calc’.

See this wiki page

Regards

Hello @PYS: Thanks.
(I always feel queezy looking at a ribbon containing links for 100 languages. If Europeans cannot come to an agreement about an indoeuropean “lingua franca” our grand children will all have to learn Chinese, I am afraid.)

@Lupp - I would not have given a link to a francophone FAQ (they have been translated into English for the most part) but concerning macros it is more possible, the language being English… :slight_smile:

I’m afraid I expressed myself wrongly. It was not about a few lines of explanation in French concerning a piece of BASIC code. I can even understand it roughly. My comment was about splitting the kowledge of the community into “LANG” drawers. I had never found that specific piece there if not you directed me. On the other hand not to split knowledge would require to use one common language. Excusez moi,s’il vous plaît.

Entschuldigung (Dank der Online-Übersetzung): I did not understand the meaning of your comment indeed…