How to install LO4.0.3.3 on Mac OSX 10.6?

I have been trying to install LO4 on my Mac. Everything goes well untill I get to the last stage where I type my password and the installer tells me I don’t have the authorization to do so even if I type the right password.

This sounds to me like a problem with the operating system account authorisation rather than LO. What do you mean by “last stage”? Can you please provide the exact wording of the message? I have installed this version here under MacOS v10.6.8 without issue.

Well, I fail to install the language pack because it says I do not have the privileges to do so. Here is the exact wording: L’installation a échoué, très certainement parce que votre compte n’a pas les privilèges nécessaires. Souhaitez-vous vous identifier comme administrateur et essayer de nouveau?» I click yes, identify myself correctly and give the right password and then I get a message saying the installation failed.

Thanks for providing the message. So, has LO itself installed? It is just the language pack that is failing? I just want to be clear about the point at which you receive the message. The message appears to issue from the install script which simply interrogates the OS, which does the account checking.

LO is installed. The language pack is failing. Thank you for your help.

It was a problem with the operating person, me who didn’t know how to do things properly. Thank you so much for your help and sorry for my ignorance.

If are certain you are typing in the password for the administrator account and not just your personal account, then it would appear (to me), to be a bug. Given that you have managed to install LO (which presumably asked for the same password) and it is just the French language pack causing the problem then it sounds even more like a bug to me. One other thing your could try is resetting the MacOS admin password.

If that does not work, then please file a bug and provide as much information about your problem as possible. The QA team will be happy to help you triage this problem.

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!