How to keep Impress from changing my settings?

I am running LibreOffice 3.5.4.2 under Win XP Pro SP3. I am attempting to create an on-screen presentation that will eventually need to be converted to PP 2007. First, Impress will not retain the page size setting of 10 inches by 7.5 inches. Second, the same also occurs for text boxes, etc., even when I lock down position and size. I have started with a blank presentation. How do I turn off all the features in Impress that want to autosize and/or make other changes in my presentation that I do not want?

Hi @dadnotgrandad,

You mention that the document will eventually need to be exported to a PowerPoint format, but what format are you saving it in during development? We’ve seen some issues when saving and then re-opening the XML-based Microsoft formats, so saving your in-progress document as ODP is usually a smart move.

Regarding changing page sizes and missing/moving text boxes, those sound like bugs in Impress. Please file a bug for each unique problem. The QA team will be happy to help you track down each issue.

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!