How to keep line spacing the same throughout entire document?

My line spacing between paragraphs is one, whereas the paragraphs have double spaced lines. I want the gap between two paragraphs to be the same as between normal lines.

LibO has the great functionality of “Styles and Formatting” You can open it via F11 or when using the sidebar and clicking on the related icon.

There you can adjust the styles you need.

• Default style, you can do adjustments already here but I would do it in
  • Text Body style, this is my personal preference
  • Your own style an give this style your personal name. To create your own style you can start from Default style or Text Body style. Right click on the style and select New.

Let’s take Text Body and modify it:

Right click in Text Body 
Select Modify => the Paragraph Style: Text Body window opens
Select tab  Indents & Spacing
at Spacing you can adjust the spacing before and after a paragraph
at Line Spacing you can adjust the spacing between 2 lines

Click OK

When you now select your the text you want to have formated with this new style and double-click the modified Text Body style, the selected text will be reformatted to the new settings.

Should this not happen or not entirely happen, then you have used direct formatting. You can cancel direct formatting by selecting either the entire text or parts of it, right click on the selection and select Default format. (ctrl+D could be the short cut key for direct formatting.)

Exactly the same procedure is needed when you want to modify the Default style.
If want to create a new style you have to make additional corrections at the tab Organizer.

You also can save a Writer file as a template. Note: Changing the Default style does not change the Default style of your default template.

It is worthwhile to learn how to use the Style & Format functionality. Download the guidelines here: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications