How to limit access to a form or query?

In Base, is there a way to limit access to a form(s) or query(s) to a specific user or users? For example, I want User A to be able to see /run Queries 1,2, and 3, but not to be able to see / access Form AA. Don’t want anyone other than me to see / access the underlying Tables.
thanks

What you are asking for is not built into Base or the DB it comes with (HSQLDB embedded). There are many alternatives which require additional work on your part.

Base is just a front end to a database. It allows the connection to the DB. Having access to specific tables or queries can be controlled by user if the database your use runs in server mode. There are many to choose from - HSQLDB server, MySQL, PostgreSQL and more (see this link for more info - click here). You then will need to connect Base to the DB using a connector for that DB - see Chapter 2 Creating a Database in the LO documentation (click here).

You can also “Hide” the main form of Base - see this post and this post.

For specifically limiting form access by user, you would probably need to incorporate your own macro coding. This could possibly be tied into the DB user sign-on.

Also, if getting involved with macros, they can be secured. See this post.

As you can see there is no simple solution to your question but depending upon your needs there are methods available.

Thanks! I will study all of the info you provided.