How to locate direct formatting

Hi

I have a document with a lot of direct formatting in it. I want to review everything that is directly formated and turn it into styles.
How can I find the places which contain direct formatting? I don’t want to simply clear the direct formatting but look at every single Item and decide which style to use.

(Reopened by @Lupp ; See comment below.)

@mariosv: My problem is that I don’t know what I am actualy looking for. It might be bold text, it might be italic text, it might be red text. The only thing I know is that it is direct formated. So seems like the only option is to search for all possible formatings one after the other and to hope I did not miss one?

See also: How can one search & replace direct formatting with styles?

As the OriginalQuestioner @upskuhr clearly expressed in the question, and again in his comment above, his concern wasn’t to find specific hard formatting like bold or (my addendum) a specific CellBackColor but any hard formatting aiming at reworking the sheet with the help of CellStyles.
Since there were answers to lots of questions, suggesting the usage of styles instead of hard formatting, a guide to how transform hard formatted sheets to styled ones, is surely legitimate.
The answer by @mariosv isn’t such a guide. I therefore take the checkmark away, and reopen the question.
BTW:
I tried the API for the purpose. sheet.queryContentCells(32) didn’t work as expected.
This is a bug, IMO. It’s “legacy” (inherited from OOo), however.

See also tdf#137667 .
@karolus was right. My comment is obsolete therefore.

What I do (a manual/visual work), is to modify Default style (and other styles that I know I am using) to a very light color font, another light color highlighting, background color, etc. so to highlight by difference the manual format.

What I do (a manual/visual work), is to modify Default style (and other styles that I know I am using) to a very light color font, another light color highlighting, background color, etc. so to highlight by difference the manual format.

@Lupp: May be a bug (in calc) but the Question is tagged with writer

With Menu/Edit/Find [Ctrl+F], you can search for attributes or text format.

E.g. if you search for bold, select all, and with Style&Formatting [F11] open you can double click the style to apply or click the icon to create a new style from selection (yellow).

Please take a look to documentation about Writer:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Writer_Guide

Bulk Conversion in the LingTools extension is designed for this purpose. It finds all hard formatting (or styles if that’s what you request) by unzipping the .odt. Then it provides options for converting each font to a style. However it is not well tested. If you find an example where it does not work then I would appreciate any feedback.

Data Conversion in that same extension can do similar things without unzipping. It won’t give a list of all the hard formatting, but it does allow conversion into styles to clean up hard formatting. It is also much better tested.

Both of these tools are for word processing formats only, not spreadsheets. The Bulk Converter handles .docx for example by automating Writer to convert to .odt first.

Developer’s note for @Lupp: The reason unzipping is needed is because there is no reliable way of using the API to get all of this information precisely, at least not for word processing documents. Formatting can get messy in the underlying XML, and Writer obscures those details. The API is focused on how to render the document, not how it is constructed.

Hopefully this isn’t considered a spam answer, as I do have a personal interest in this extension.

Maybe with the extension AltSearch
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/extensions/show/alternative-dialog-find-replace-for-writer