How to open files from network (NAS)?

I’m using LibreOffice 3.5.7.2 in Lubuntu. It seems not possible to open files from my NAS. Neither opening tose files form LibreOffice nor from fileexplorer. Files on hard disk open normally. So; how can I open networkfiles in LibreOffice?

Please edit your question to indicate the type of network share you are using and how these are being mounted e.g., SMB+GVFS, CIFS+/etc/fstab, NFS+/etc/fstab, etc. There are several questions on this site tagged network and most indicate network configuration issues. GVFS has known issues and there are also some SMB-related bugs reports.

There were some bugs reported referring to network located files. So coping files to local computer, edit them and save them back.

But in you case it can be some other problem too. You can’t open files from file-explorer. Do you get some error? Do you have correct file permissions to access file?

When I copy the file from network to local disk → it opens without a problem.
Opening the networkfile within Libreoffice isn’ t posible. Opening the file from the fileexplorer (rightmouse button → open with … ) doesn’t work. In the latter case LibreOffice opens but with a blank (new) file instead of the networkfile.