How to prevent additional blank pages at the end of a document?

LibreOffice Writer

Version: 6.0.4.2 (x64)

Build ID: 9b0d9b32d5dcda91d2f1a96dc04c645c450872bf

CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default;

Locale: en-US (en_US); Calc: group

Details:

I have created a new document with the default layout, the first two lines are in one column, centered, after that is a section on the same page divided into two columns, not in a table. For some reason, and seemingly at random, Writer creates and additional blank page while the current page is not filled. Equally at random, it removes that blank page. The event itself (both disappearing and appearing) happens while typing text and completing a line (either by word wrap or enter press). The columned portion contains regular default text in bold, and numbered lists with customized tab stops. Neither of those formatting changes seem to be affecting the blank page, only the existence of the dual column portion with word wrap/new line instances.

TL;DR: Multi column format document generates and removes blank new page while current page isn’t full at random with carriage return or word wrap line. How do I make it stop?

Adding a blank line, single column, of the smallest font size to the end seems to have worked, but if anyone has any other solutions, that would be preferred, as this “solution” causes the blank page to flicker once at each new wrap-line.

I can’t reproduce that with default font Linux Libertine or Times New Roman. Maybe your default template is corrupt, or your user profile.

The version I was using was a DOC file using Calibri. Additionally, since the program version update (6.0.5) it doesn’t seem to occur/be reproducible.

I’ll leave this open for a week longer, just in case it does happen again.