How to print a writer document in reverse

There seem to have been several attempts to ask how to print a Writer document in reverse (mirror image) but they all seem to be closed with messages like “this is an irrelevant question”

Is it simply not possible to print backwards in Writer?

For whatever reasons my (older) inkjet printer will not give me an option to do it from within the printer driver itself and I don’t want a kludgy “workaround” such as downloading the page(s) to a .PDF or a .JPG.

I dual-boot into Windows 10 and Mint/Cinnamon 17.3 so I would be willing to use either OS if there is a way to accomplish what I need to do.

Do you really mean mirror image, as in right to left for English and the letters facing backwards? Or perhaps you mean reverse page order, as in first to last? If mirror, please tell us why you would want to do this. My only guess is for use as a stencil or similar.

I tried this (to produce slides) on Linux and never succeeded.

I have now found a fairly simple way to do this from Writer for a single page document (which is what is required for slides).

1. Export the document as .png (File-Export and select format .png).
  2. Take a new page and import the .png.
  3. Right click the image, select Format_Image-Image-Flip_Horizontally.
  4. Now print that page.

My application, incidentally, is to produce ohp slides on an inkjet printer so that the coated side will face down on the ohp. Should I apologise for requiring this application in 2017? :wink: