How to print all of a Writer document containing an envelope

I have a Libre Office Writer document that contains an envelope, that I inserted by navigating to:

Menubar > Insert > Envelope …

then entering addressee and sender, and clicking “Insert”. It also has subsequent pages of a letter formatted for 8.5" x 11" paper.

When I ask Writer to print the document, it only prints the envelope page, not the rest of the pages in the document. How can I get it to print the whole document?

FWIW, my computer is a 2019 Macbook Pro running Catalina.
My printer is an HP Officejet 6500A Plus.

When I search on HP 6500A Plus the HP site says there is only one input tray for the printer so you cannot print the whole document in one go. If you had a separate tray for envelopes too, depending on the printer driver, you might be able to print all in one go.

When you Insert > Envelope it is inserted as page 1, so just select the other pages to print from page 2, e.g. 2-4 for the remaining 3 pages. Cheers, Al

I’m afraid EarnestAI’s answer doesn’t work for me. I’m now using an HP 9018e printer, but it seems to behave just like my old 6500A. And it too has only one tray. When I try to print a LibreOffice document that contains an envelope plus subsequent 8.5x11 pages, the print dialog box only shows me one page - the envelope. The “From:” and “To:” fields are both set to “1”. If I try to print the first non-envelope page by setting both “From:” and “To:” to “2”, the left part of the dialog box shows a blank envelope instead of an 8.5 x 11 page with the first page of the letter.

So, let’s assume I’m printing it as two separate print jobs. The second print job should print everything except the envelope. What do I specify for “From:” and “To:” to get it to start printing at the first non-envelope page?

I expect HP9018 driver to be virtually identical to 9010.
If your cursor is in the envelope then you can print only the envelope.
If the cursor is in the body of the letter, the print preview looks the same but if you click Pages and select from page two onwards then you can print just the body of the letter

The document I’m currently trying to print contains an envelope and one other page. I followed your instructions and clicked in the second page to put the cursor in the body of the letter. Then I typed CMD+P which caused the Print dialog box to be displayed. As you warned me, the print preview did look the same. It showed a preview of the envelope. To the right of that was the “Pages” selection. I clicked the radio-button widget next to “From”, and entered “2” for both “From” and “To”, and then I clicked the “Print” button in the lower right corner of the Print dialog box. That dismissed the Print dialog box and brought up two other, much smaller dialog boxes, one stacked on top of the other. The one in the background showed “Print” in its title bar, and in that dialog box’s main window it showed “Preparing…”, a progress bar, and a button labeled “Cancel”. But that entire dialog box was grayed out. The dialog box in the foreground was not grayed out. It has nothing in its title bar, but its main window displays “Print” in bold, underneath which it says, “No pages from the document were selected to be printed.” It also contains a button labeled “OK”, and it provide’s nothing else for me to click on. When I click “OK” both dialog boxes disappear, and nothing gets printed.

I’ve done my best to follow your instructions meticulously, which is something I know how to do, having been a software engineer myself for many decades. But in spite of that I’m unable to get the software to behave in the manner you’re telling me it’s supposed to behave.

Sorry, I can’t think of anything else. Maybe someone else can.