How to print from Writer (LibreOffice version: 4.4.7.2 - English) on A2 size paper?

In LibreOffice Writer, I need to print on A2 size paper, portrait orientation (42 x 59.4 cm).

In the Page Style dialog, the Format dropdown only has European A sizes up to A3 (29.7 x 42 cm). So I create a User size of 42 x 59.4 cm (the dimensions of A2), which makes the correct size page to work in and it saves correctly in that size.

When I try to print, the Print dialog page diagram (left side of window) is still only sized as A4 (210 x 297 mm). Going into Properties, I get the settings dialog for my Epson SP 3880 printer. I manually set the printer to A2 Portrait, click OK and return to the Print dialog.

The problem is that the page diagram (left side of window) remains set at A4 (210 x 297 mm), i.e has not registered that I’m wanting to print on A2. If I nevertheless click OK to print, the printer briefly springs to life but then stops without printing anything.

Can’t seem to find any workaround for this.

I posted this same question on 9th March 2015 but there still seems to be no answer.

Have you tried exporting as a PDF? Does it create a correct view of the document? If so try printing the PDF.