How to promote a nested section

This a a question about English LibreOffice Writer 5.0.3.2, running on English Windows 7 64-bit.

I’ve been adding 1 and 2 column sections in a document, and somehow I’ve created a section that is “nested” (probably the wrong term, please correct me if I am wrong) under one of the other sections.

I have no idea what I did to cause this, and I have no idea how to set things right again (that is, have all of the sections at the same level).

I would have enclosed a screenshot, but I need 3 points to upload a file and I have no idea how to get points on this site.

So, to describe what I am seeing, when I expand the Sections tree in the Navigator pane, I see something like this:

Section 1
Section 2
Section 3
Section 4
Section 5
__Section 6
Section 7

Note: I added the ___ in front of Section 6 to indicate that section name is indented.

I would like to know how to un-indent section 6.

Thanks!

– bob

In your example, Section 6 is within Section 5, something like this: [Section 5 [Section 6]][Section 7].

In the Navigator (F5), right-click on Section 6, choose Edit… (or choose menu Format - Sections…, select Section 6 in the list), then press Remove and OK. This will not delete the section content, but would leave it within Section 5, (e.g. [Section 5 section 6][Section 7]).

If there is no gap between Section 5 and Section 7, place the cursor at the end of Section 5 or at the beggining of Section 7, and press Alt+Enter, this will insert a new paragraph between both sections (e.g. [Section 5 section 6] [Section 7]). Move section 6 content to this gap. Select the content and add the new section.

Tested in LibreOffice 6.3.6.2 (x86); OS: Windows 6.1.

LibreOffice Help on Edit Sections.

Add Answer is reserved for solutions.

Press edit below your question if you want to add more information; also can comment an answer.

Check the mark (Correct answer mark) to the left of the answer that solves your question.