How to remove Custom Color from 'Document colors of a file?

I know hot to switch to Document colors and how to add new Custom Color... to this subjective palette. But how do I get rid of colors already added to it?

I need to clear my palette[s] of some file[s] to essential choices so that I will have a quicker workflow. All those shades that I was testing out in my file[s] are now creating nothing more but clutter and produce errors of inconsistent color usage within a given file

The Document Colors palette always contains the colors used in the document.
For your purposes, it seems reasonable to create your own color palette.

Create a new color palette

1 Like

1] So there must be a bug then. Because I have deleted everything from one of such files, then saved it, then closed LibreOffice- and then re-opened this stripped of everything file. And what do I see in my Document colors? Well, I can choose from as much as 3 colors. So where do these surplus 2 come from; as 1 can / have to be accounted for as the last chosen one before saving [which color will be used if I start to write something in this empty file]

2] So a user have to search manually for every shade of e.g. red, select any object using it, change it to the desired shade of red- in order to clear the Document colors palette of excess of colors / shades? Or, as I glanced quickly thorough the Create a new color palette - The Document Foundation Wiki, a user can create custom palette by editing a SOC file - and then just switch to using it?

Document colors palette

I don’t know why you think you can manipulate this palette. I have already written:
The Document Colors palette always contains the colors used in the document.
The palette will always have the colors used in the document, it is an automatism. It works similar to a macro and is an internal programming.
Just leave this Document colors palette file alone.
Read the content of the link above from me and create your own palette (I had already written).

1 Like

OK, now I undertand

Thank you for the help

What can unfortunately contribute to palette overcrowding is direct formatting because the “patches” are not managed centrally. If your colours come from styles, purging the styles is enough. If you highlighted your document manually, you’re doomed to hunt for every occurrence and clear it before the palette is reset.

1 Like