How to Save On a Different Drive

Hi, I use a MacBook Pro and added a second drive on which I would like to save the files I create in LO, to my surprise I could not access the drive through LO’s file interface.

Now does any one know how to save files on a second drive.

• The second drive does work as I can copy files to it via Mac’s explorer.

Thanks for clearing this up.

For Mac go to “Preference : LibreOffice : General : Open/Save Dialogs” and uncheck “Use LibreOffice dialogs” then I can at least access different drives.

Hello @HerCorns,

please try if you switch the setting in "Tools : Options ... : LibreOffice : General : Open/Save Dialogs : Use LibreOffice dialogs".
HTH, lib

Btw: it was decided at design team [1] and ESC [2] meetings, that internal file pickers be flagged obsolete, and eventually remove them.

[1] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2017-Dec-13

[2] minutes of ESC call ...

Thanks Mike,
I presume “Tools : Options … : LibreOffice : General : Open/Save Dialogs : Use LibreOffice dialogs” is for LO for Windows. I could not find the Options selection under Tools.

For Mac go to “Preference : LibreOffice : General : Open/Save Dialogs” and uncheck “Use LibreOffice dialogs” then I can at least access different drives.

Aww… i agree with the comment by Dave:
“This request is to enhance the LO Picker to be the best possible choice for those with similar requirements and needs.”

( it also shows the “Automatic FileName Extension” checkbox, which my system FilePicker doesn’t … )

@librebel: that’s why I am notifying you, in case someone needs that and wants to influence the process (you might mention your use case there, or in mailing list with mention to the said decisions - which is better)