How to select all non empty cells in a selection?

Hello, I need some help. I have a big sparse spreadsheet (many empty cells with only aesthetics applied, like background colors or borders,no tables in the spreadheet), and in some specific columns (but could also be a selection) I’d like to select all the cells who have text (all numbers, all strings, all formulas, etc.) to apply aesthetics changes to them, in this case, specifically, I want to edit all their borders.

I am usign the latest build
Version: 24.8.0.3 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 0bdf1299c94fe897b119f97f3c613e9dca6be583
CPU threads: 12; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

2 Likes

“Not empty” (used in the subject) and “have text” (used in the question) aren’t the same and must be described more precisely.
The “emptiest” cells ar those which contain neither a text nor a number nor a formula (whatever result it may return). Such cells are BLANK in Calc terminology. To test this by a formula in a different cell the function ISBLANK() can be used. It will return TRUE also for cells having set any visual or formatting attributes.
A text assigned to a cell as the result of a formula can be the empty string.
In addition “have text” may mean “got a string directly entered/inserted” or may include cells where a textual result is returned by a formula.
IMO a reasonable answer to the question is impossible if not disambiguation information is provided.
Please give this information by editing the question.

1 Like

I edited. I mean all texts, formulas, numbers, etc.

See
disask110017_FindNonBlankCells.ods (34.4 KB).
Regard that Search in: Formulae is misleading. It should read:
Search **also** in: Formulae .

Deleted by the author.