How to start LibreOffice Calc and do some automatic tasks

John, now I see what you mean selecting “Column type = US English” for two numeric fields. I did this and got from getMeCode the string: “59,34,33,1,5/10/6/10,1060,true,false”. I replaced the “OpenProp(1).value” with this value in openAndTrimCSV macro, save it and run from cmd and the problem is the same - macro opens strings instead of numbers. It is still weird to me why should we chose “US English” in the first place, Standard should work, IMHO.

“opens strings instead of numbers” - in both columns, with “normal” numbers and with “quoted” numbers? Did you try to uncheck “Format quoted fields as text”? Did you try to check “Detect special numbers”? And you are right - Standard should work. And it works for me

First of all I upgraded to LibreOffice 6.1.2.1 and deleted my profile C:\Users[user]\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4 and restarted LibreOffice. I tried uncheck “Format quoted fields as text” and the result is the same. I also tested the “Detect special number” and run getMeCode, copied OpenProp(1).value to openAndTrimCSV macro and rerun from cmd. The same problem: NUMBER and DEC_COMMA_DELIMITERED are still imported as strings. What else could be the difference between my and your system?

The only thing that comes to mind is that we use different CSV files for testing: you use your file, and I am the one that I created according to your instructions. This is one of the reasons that I offered to transfer this discussion to email (see a comment with word “na-znak”)

I am using the file from my first post and that can also be seen from one of my videos above.
Sorry I just can’t figure it out what is your e-mail address from “johnsun na-znak i dot ua”. What is domain?

i.ua - it is domain :slight_smile: Laconic, right?

I send and e-mail now. I hope I recognized the correct form. I have send you a file sample I use from the first post. Any idea why we are having the same software, but different result, would be welcome.