Problem: CPU spins when saving odt files that link to images that have large dimensions (not necessarily large storage size).
I’ve made a few images whose widths and heights are very large, but whose storage size is small. They are linked below.
If anyone wants to try to reproduce my problem:
- download one of the images listed below
- open a new writer doc
- tools menu>options>writer>view>turn off display of images.
- insert the image by link (I’ve been doing this with ctrl-shift-drag)
- in the document, copy and paste the linked pic multiple times.
- Try to save the file. Let me know if there’s an image large enough, copied enough times, that sets your cpu spinning when you try to save.
5k pixels per side 82k
10k pixels per side 309k
20k pixels per side 1MB
Libre Office Version: 126.96.36.199
Build ID: 1:5.4.0~rc3-0ubuntu0.14.04.1~lo2
OS: LXLE (lubuntu/ubuntu) Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
Processor: 2x Intel(R) Core™2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz
Memory 2 Gig