How to stop Writer selecting a whole line of text

When I try to select two words in a document, I usually end up with the entire line selected. I know how to select a single word by double clicking the word.

Many thanks :blush:

When I try to select two words in a document, I usually end up with the entire line selected

It would be fantastic if you also described what specifically hides under that “try”. Triple-click? Move mouse down?

Hi Mike. I was single clicking and dragging the mouse. Thanks for the shortcuts :blush:

If you double-click in a word in Writer, the word will get selected. A triple-click selects fill sentence (between full stops). Four clicks select entire paragraph.

If you double-click to select a word, but don’t release the mouse button after the second click, and move the mouse to the next word, that next word will get filly selected, too.

And of course, keyboard combos like Ctrl+← ▸ Ctrl+Shift+→ ▸ Ctrl+Shift+→ are very useful for those who don’t want to waste time moving hands from keyboard to mouse for something as trivial as selecting something.

Thank you. Keyboard shortcuts it is :blush:

Please, if the answer solves the question click :heavy_check_mark:.