How to switch between Normal tab and Notes tab via keyboard?

Hi,

I need to study a presentation and the notes in the slides are really important. I can view the slide and then click the notes tab to view the notes (it is inconvenient to view everything exclusively from the notes page because the slide get really small and is hard to read).

I think it’s somewhat annoying to have to click the tabs and would much rather switch the views from the keyboard, but, although I successfuly assigned a shortcut to the notes tab, I could not assign one to the normal tab.

I know I can use F5 to switch to the Slide Show to view the slide and end it with ESC to view the notes, but the Slide Show always takes a while to open (2~3 seconds) and it gets annoying really fast.

I also installed the Presenter Console extension, but it’s useless without a second screen…

So, is there any way to quickly switch between the notes and the slide using keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks in advance

I just filed a related bug report. Bug 61424
I wanted to configure ctrl-shift+N to have Normal View and ctrl-shift+M (memo = notes) for Notes View and ctrl-shift+O for Outline and ctrl-shift+S for Slide Sorter View.

All works fine but not ctrl+shift+N

For more please look at the bug report.

vitoreiji’s enhancement request is also a very good one. Maybe it could be combined.

Link to the bug: fdo#61424

1 Like

@qubit1 Thanks for the link!

Hi @vitoreiji,

Sounds like this would be a very useful feature!

I don’t think that the latest release has any new features that would fix this problem, but please give it a quick whirl and see if you get lucky!

The best bet for you now would be to file an enhancement bug and provide as much information about this new feature as possible. Don’t forget to mark your bug as an ‘enhancement’. The QA team will be happy to help you triage your feature request in the bugtracker.

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!