How to upload a csv into an existing table

Im trying to upload data to an existing table. I have about 20 column headers so I figured it makes sense to first download the table headers and then fill-in the data, and then upload. One method I read about to download table headers is to right-click on an existing table, click copy, then open a Calc spreadsheet and paste it into A1. Ive tried many times and each time LO crashes. Theres like 4 other ways I see to do it as well, but I cant get those to work.

I was expecting a really easy way to do this but cannot seem to make it work.

Is there a tried and true way to do this - upload data to an existing table so I dont have to type it in manually?

Im using Ubuntu 24.04 and LO 24.8

I’m using neither Ubuntu nor LibreOffice 24.x, so I can’t comment on specific (new?) bugs…
But to copy data from Base to Calc Ivuse two ways

• I open a table and mark some rows of data, then use Copy and Paste to the destination in Calc. The header-row is copied, even if it eas not selected before.
  • In Calc I can open View Data-Sources from the Menu, without opening the GUI for Base. From here I can drag the “field” in the top, left corner to A1.

If you only need the headers, you can now delete the copied data, wich leaves the header-row.
As I think Base/Calc should not crash, you can report a bug for this, but describe exactly how you copy to reproduce the crash…
If your csv already has headers, it is not necessary to change them. The import-assistant allows changing the names of columns “on the fly”.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111906